While we often think of missions as something that one does in a foreign country, the shocking truth is that America needs the gospel! Did you know that:
- America is the third largest unreached nation in the world?
- 80-85% of churches in America are in decline or have plateaued?
- More churches close their doors each year than open?
- 85-90% of Americans do not attend a place of worship regularly?
- More people than ever before report not having any religious affiliation?
In response to this critical crisis Providence is committed to:
- Praying regularly for God to send revival to our nation.
- Partnering together with the North American Mission Board through the annual Annie Armstrong offering to fund church planting in North America.
- Planting gospel-centered churches in the major cities of America.
- Working with declining churches to bring new life and vitality.
- Giving and supporting to the Appalachian Christmas Backpacks through the Southern Bapstist Conservatives of Virginia.
- Partnering with the church plant, Seven Mile Road Church in Boston, Massachusetts.